Sunday 19 June 2011

It's been a long time!

It has been a loooong time since I last updated this blog. The story goes something like this.....

The 2009 season was very busy, running trips all over the country and researching and writing Volume 2 of Scotland Mountain Biking: The Wild Trails. All good.

At the end of 2009 I became pretty seriously ill, and ended up having to take most of 2010 off. Not so good.

By autumn 2010 I had recovered and was setting things in motion to get back in business for 2011, was planning some new and exciting trips and really looking forward to getting out on the trails with all the great people that Scottish Mountain Bike Guides has introduced me to.

Then disaster struck. On 1st December I had a skiing accident and ended up with a fractured tibial plateau, and no cruciate ligaments in my left knee. Sub-optimal! Six and a half months, two operations and a load of physiotherapy down the line, I can just about walk without crutches. I've been able to cycle since 20th April, but no further than the turbo trainer.

So...... it looks like at the earliest Spring 2012 before I am back to full fitness. Whether my knee will be capable of running mountain bike holidays for a living remains to be seen. Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment